High energy density ecologically friendly batteries for renewable energy storage, electric automobiles and portable electronics; Synthetic and biological molecules at interfaces; surface modification; self-assembly of macromolecules at surfaces; responsive polymer multilayers; surface spectroscopies; recyclable catalytic systems.
Position: Senior Researcher
PhD degree in Chemistry (Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan)
R&D, Sika Technology AG ( Switzerland), Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan)
Membership of Professional Bodies
American Chemical Society (ACS), Electrochemical Society (ECS)
- G Yuan, J Xiang, H Jin, Y Jin, L Wu, Y Zhang, A Mentbayeva, Z BakenovFlexible free-standing Na4Mn9O18/reduced graphene oxide composite film as a cathode for sodium rechargeable hybrid aqueous battery/ Еlectrochimica Acta (2018) 259, P. 647. IF = 4.80
- A. Mentbayeva, A. Aishova, D. Batyrbekuly, Y. Zhang, Z. Bakenov Gel polymer electrolytes for lithium-sulfur batteries/ Materials Today Proceedings (2018) (accepted).
- Y. Zhao, Z. Liu, Y. Zhang, A. Mentbayeva, X. Wang, M. Yu. Maximov, B. Liu, Z. Bakenov, F. Yin, Facile Synthesis of SiO2@C Nanoparticles Anchored on MWNT as High-Performance Anode Materials for Li-ion Batteries, Nanoscale Research Letters (2017) 12 (1) P.459 IF = 2.83
- H Peng, X Wang, Y Zhao, T Tan, A Mentbayeva, Z Bakenov, Y Zhang Enhanced electrochemical performance of sulfur/polyacrylonitrile composite by carbon coating for lithium/sulfur batteriesI Journal of Nanoparticle Research (2017) 19 (10), P. 348. IF = 2.02
- C. Zhang, Z. Zhang, F. Yin, Y. Zhang, A. Mentbayeva, M-R. Babaa, A. Molkenova, Z. Bakenov, Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous carbon encapsulated ZnO nanoparticles as high-performance anode for lithium-ion batteries, Chemelectrochem, (2017) 4(9). P. 2359. IF = 4.14
- F. Yin, X. Liu, Y. Zhang, Y. Zhao, A. Mentbayeva, Z. Bakenov, X. Wang, Well-dispersed sulfur anchored on interconnected polypyrrole nanofiber network as high performance cathode for lithium-sulfur batteries, Solid State Sciences, (2017) 66, P. 44. IF = 4.14
- Mentbayeva A., Belgibayeva A., Umirov N., Y. Zhang, I. Taniguchi, I. Kurmanbayeva and Z. Bakenov, High performance freestanding composite cathode for lithium-sulfur batteries Еlectrochimica Acta (2016), pp. 242. IF = 4.8
- M. Omarova, A. Koishybay, N.Yesibolati, A. Mentbayeva, N. Umirov, Z. Bakenov Nickel Hexacyanoferrate Nanoparticles as a Low Cost Cathode Material for Lithium-Ion Batteries Electrochimica Acta 2015, 184, 58–63. IF = 4.8
- Y. Zhao, F. Yin,Y. Zhang, C. Zhang, A. Mentbayeva, N. Umirov, H. Xie, Z. Bakenov A Free-Standing Sulfur/Nitrogen-Doped Carbon Nanotube Electrode for High-Performance Lithium/Sulfur Batteries, Nanoscale Research Letters, 2015, 10. P. 450. IF = 2.84
- T. Hara, A. Konarov, A. Mentbayeva, I. Kurmanbayeva, Z. Bakenov High mass-loading of sulfur-based cathode composites and polysulfides stabilization for rechargeable lithium/sulfur batteries, Front. Energy Res., (2015) 3, P. 22.
- S.V. Pavlukhina, I.Zhuk, A.A. Mentbayeva, S. Sukhishvili et al. “Small-molecule-hosting nanocomposite films with multiple bacteria-triggered responses” Nature Publication Group Asia Materials, 2014 6, e121; doi:10.1038/am.2014.63. Published online 29 August 2014. IF = 9.16
- A.A. Mentbayeva, A.K. Ospanova, Z.H.Tashmuhambetova, V.V. Sokolova, S. Sukhishvili “Polymer-metal complexes in polyelectrolyte multilayer films as catalysts for oxidation of toluene” Langmuir, 2012, 28 (32), 11948-11955. IF = 3.83
- S.V. Pavlukhina, J.B. Kaplan,L. Xu,W. Chang, X. Yu,S. Madhyastha, N.Yakandawala, A.A.Mentbayeva, B. Khan, S.A. Sukhishvili “Noneluting enzymatic antibiofilm coatings” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2012, 4(9), 4708-4716. IF = 7.51
- A.A.Mentbayeva, A.K. Ospanova “Usage of layer-by-layer method for obtaining polyelectrolyte multilayer films containing transition metal cations” Eurasian chem-tech. Journal, 2012, 14, 169-176.IF = 0.15